COVID-19 Information for Employees
In an effort to support Green Chimneys employees during the current health crisis, we have compiled the following materials and online resources to provide easy access to information and support you may need. Below you will find agency health guidelines, resources for self care, and quick links to our insurance providers.
This page will be updated to include any new information and resources sent to all employees. This is not intended to replace the Employee Handbook or other Green Chimneys policies and we will continue to share important updates by email and/or mail. If you have questions or need assistance related to your employment, please do not hesitate to contact your department director or email Donna Kessler at email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued hard work during this challenging time. We look forward to when we can all be together again.
Green Chimneys Health Guidelines
We want all Green Chimneys staff to remain safe and healthy. Please continue to adhere to all recommended safety precautions at home and when you have to go out, and be familiar with the Green Chimneys COVID-19 Procedures. For the most current information on the virus, please visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov
Face Mask Policy
All employees are required to wear a face mask when on campus, especially if interacting with a student. If you need a mask for work please speak to your supervisor. There may be some exceptions for particular tasks; please discuss such job responsibilities with your department director before making the decision on your own to not wear a mask.
Arriving to Campus
All employees must have temperature checked at the Health Center upon arrival and before proceeding to their work area. Only essential staff who are scheduled to work are expected to come to campus. Other staff may only come following a pre-approved arrangement with their department director. If you have a temperature, you will be required to leave campus immediately, and then speak with your supervisor/department director about next steps.
For employees who are reporting to campus for essential work, please be sure to follow the symptom detection and reporting procedures as outlined in Green Chimneys COVID-19 Procedures:
- Any staff that has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms for an extended period of time (over 10 minutes, at close contact) should report this to their Department Director or Supervisor before reporting for work. This should also be shared with the Health Center nurse doing the health screening if you have reported to work. Please note that your director/supervisor or a Health Center nurse may review your situation and ask you to stay home while a reasonable plan is formulated.
- Any staff that has been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 should contact their Director/Supervisor and not report to work. Each case will be reviewed individually to determine a reasonable time before it is safe to return to work.
- Any staff that is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should report these to your Director/Supervisor before reporting to work. Department directors must report all suspected cases of COVID-19 of staff to Leeanne DiRusso. These cases will be reviewed by Health Center staff to determine if it is safe to report to work.
- Any staff that has been tested for COVID-19 should report this to your Director/Supervisor. Department directors must report all staff that have been tested for COVID-19 to Leeanne DiRusso. Any staff that tests positive will have to follow current Department of Health regulations for recovery before returning to work.
- All returning children will continue to be tested and details of resident’s testing will be reported to team members and appropriate departments.
It is extremely important that we follow the above guidelines. Our individual actions have a tremendous impact on the health and safety of everyone else on our campus. Thank you for your cooperation.
COVID-19 Support Services
Employee Assistance Program COVID-19 Resource Center
Videos, articles, webinars and trainings on topics such as Coronavirus prevention, help with children at home, caring for elderly relatives, family members working from home, and financial issues.
To access additional EAP resources go to www.theeap.com/totalcare-eap and click on Employee & Family Login. Login or register as a new user. You can also connect directly with a professional counselor who is ready to provide confidential, in-the-moment counseling and support. Call 800.252.4555
Green Chimneys Staff Support Group
Fun, interactive and lighthearted virtual gathering to help staff stay connected this very unusual and often unsettling time.
Mondays at 2:00pm via Zoom.
Zoom link and meeting ID is in the meeting reminders sent to all staff.
COFCCA COVID-19 Support Group
Weekly support group for anyone who has or is recovering from COVID-19.
Fridays at 10:00am. Call-in: 646.889.2259
For questions, contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Links: Health Coverage
MVP Health Care
Guardian Dental & Vision Insurance
Manage benefits, check claims status, or view balances on flexible spending and dependent care accounts. Login under AleraPay Participant or select Alera Gray.
Relph Benefit Advisors
Staff Training & Development
Online learning to help sharpen your skills in managing stress, maintaining work-life balance, and staying productive while working remotely. Go to Client Login.
Recommended Video Playlists:
- Managing Stress and Anxiety During COVID-19
- Strengthen Your Mental Resilience
- Workplace Mental Health
- Tips for Working Remotely
For assistance with account set-up or any access issues, email email@example.com