COVID-19 Vaccination Information for Staff
We are pleased to provide the following information on accessing the COVID-19 vaccine.
If you live, work or attend school in New York or Connecticut, and are at least 16 years old, you are eligible to receive the vaccine in either state.
Receive Texts from Green Chimneys
From time to time, we may communicate an update via text message. Check with your supervisor on how to enroll in the School Messenger text messaging system or to update your information.
What to do? Where to go?
Call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829)
Or register at: https://am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov
For Connecticut: https://www.danbury-ct.gov/coronavirusvaccine
What else can you try?
- Watch for clinics in your County, at your local DOH or other providers at:
Putnam County Department of Health
Dutchess County Government website or call 845.486.3555 and select Option 1 to hear weekly vaccine availability updates.
- Find details and scheduling for Connecticut on the official Connecticut State website
- Follow your local DOH on social media and watch for their announcements
- Contact your local medical group/doctor’s office
- Check your local pharmacies
At this time, Green Chimneys’ Health Center cannot provide the vaccine.
What should staff should do?
Department Directors need to identify a person in the department to track staff who receive the vaccine, or those who are not interested in receiving a vaccine. This person must maintain an up-to-date copy of this list, which needs to be available to the Health Center, Quality Assurance, and Office of Children & Family Services upon request.
Once You Are Vaccinated
- Inform the designated person in your department. You are not required to provide any medical documentation at this time.
- Share the location of the vaccine provider with Steve Klee or Leanne DiRusso so that possible locations can be shared with other staff.
- Ensure that you cooperate with your second dose to complete your vaccination, and inform the designated person in your department when the second dose is received.
- Continue to follow all COVID protocols: social distancing, mask wearing, handwashing, and monitoring health.