Runaway & Homeless Youth Awareness Event
Thursday, November 19, 2020
3:30pm - 5:30pm
63 Fields Lane
Brewster, NY 10509
November is National Runaway Prevention month.
The facts show youth need our support:
- 2.5 million youth are homeless in the U.S. each year.
- 300-400,000 youth are homeless in the U.S. every day.
- Homeless youth are at greater risk for mental illness, violence and substance abuse.
Celebrate safety and support of youth throughout Putnam County. And have fun while you’re at it!
Join us for complimentary ice skating and entertainment and get information on community based services and resources for youth. And while you’re there, enjoy pizza, snacks and desserts, too.
COVID-19 safety protocols for participation include:
- Screening and temperature checks at the door before entering the arena
- Face masks must be worn at all times
This event is free.
RSVP by Nov 17 at Noon.
Email Jessica Felton at email@example.com or call 845.279.2995 x164
From fun and constructive programs at the Community Outreach Center to Arbor House youth shelter to connecting families with necessary resources for their children, Green Chimneys offers a wide range of support services for all ages up to 21 years old. The goal of Green Chimneys’ community-based programs is to reunite families, encourage conflict resolution, and help strengthen family communication and optimal functioning through comprehensive prevention and intervention services. All services are free and confidential. Bilingual staff available.