Attend an Open House
We’re hiring caring and qualified individuals to join our Residential Life team. Make a difference in the lives of emotionally fragile children while building your career.
We’re currently hiring:
- Residential Counselor
- Per Diem Residential Counselor
- Assistant Unit Supervisor
- Senior Residential Counselor
- Overnight Residential Counselor
Click on the title of interest to read the job description and apply online.
Attend one of two Open Houses:
- Thurs, Oct 6, 2022 — 2:15-4:30pm
- Thurs, Oct 13, 2022— 2:15-4:30pm
Our Residential Life Open Houses are the perfect opportunity for you to:
- observe students and staff in the dorms,
- get a sense of daily schedules and activities,
- and ultimately see if you’d like to explore a career in Residential Life.
During the Open House, and after observing dorm life, you will be invited to proceed with an on-site interview.
Sign up in advance to lock in your preferred time slot.
More about establishing a career in Residential Life
Residential treatment at Green Chimneys is a multi-faceted therapeutic program for children age 6-21. The program is designed to give every child a chance to succeed academically, socially, and emotionally.
As a member of our Residential Life team, you’ll quickly see this as more than a job. You’ll be a part of a group of individuals helping children to develop essential life skills and experience success in the dorms and beyond.
Join a dynamic organization and enjoy working on a beautiful campus located in Brewster, New York. This campus is not only home to our residential treatment center, but it also features our special education school and a farm and wildlife center.
Life experience and compassion go far at Green Chimneys.
Ideal candidates have come from a range of backgrounds.
- Some of our staff have degrees in psychology, communications, human services, social sciences, or social work.
- Some staff has transitioned well from other industries including food services, retail, babysitting or child care, parks and recreation jobs, or coaching.
The role of a Residential Counselor can be just the beginning.
A significant role with serious benefits.
Residential Counselors are adaptable individuals who understand the patience, perseverance, and professionalism required in working with fragile children. In collaboration with fellow staff, you’ll help children establish routines within the dorms as well as assist them during recreational and off-campus activities. Shifts can be anywhere within the 2pm-12am timeframe and include weekends.
Apply for a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan reimbursement