Green Chimneys strongly supports in-person visiting for residents and their families.
We are pleased to provide a regular on-campus and home visit schedule including standard holidays and school recess breaks.
There may be occasions when you visit your child on campus and/or take them out for a meal, medical appointment, or special event. Green Chimneys does not have set visiting hours but we do encourage visits to occur outside of school and clinical group hours, and prior to the start of night-time routines. Times may vary from dorm to dorm so please check with your child’s Unit Supervisor. Note current guidelines in place due to health precautions
The treatment team also helps to develop a weekend home visit schedule that is specific to your child’s needs. Six week-long recesses offer home visits for longer periods of time. Transportation for home visits is available to and from campus via four pick-up/drop-off locations, including Suffolk County, Manhattan, Middletown, and New Paltz. Details are provided monthly. Any change to schedules or procedures will be communicated promptly.
- Visitation Schedule Sept-Dec 2020
- On-Campus Visit Guidelines for COVID-19
- Home Visit Transportation Procedures
Planning a Visit
- All visits are to be scheduled with your child’s Social Worker/Therapist at least 48 hours in advance.
- Check in and out at the Health & Wellness Center to sign out your child and pick up any needed medication. Your child will be brought to you at start of visit, and picked up by staff at end of visit.
- If you will remain on campus for your visit, please check with your child’s Social Worker about any requests for indoor space or recreation equipment.