Summer Jobs with Purpose
Looking for a summer job?
Do you love the outdoors and working with kids?
Enjoy your summer as a Camp Counselor!
Green Chimneys Summer Camps blend great camp traditions with dynamic outdoor experiences to create exciting and educational summers full of memories to last a lifetime. As a member of the team, you’ll help to provide a fun and supportive atmosphere where campers can bond with others, discover great new talents, experience new concepts, and develop an appreciation for the environment.
Being a Camp Counselor is more than a summer job. It’s about being a good role model for campers.
Your role will be to:
- develop relationships with each camper within your group
- promote positive group interaction
- follow established procedures for maintaining campers health and safety
- work together with other staff to plan and schedule weekly activities
- carry out related duties as directed by the Head Counselor or Camp Supervisor.
- Weekday schedule with weekends off
- Enhance teaching experience with opportunities to lead skill-building activities
- Collaborate with experts in the experiential education and camp industries
- Enjoy a work environment that supports inclusivity and provides comprehensive training
Did you know a majority of our staff are college students?
Most of our camp staff are college students, ages 18-25, studying education, psychology, recreational therapy, physical education, and more.
We’re currently hiring for Summer 2024!
- Clearpool Summer Camp in Carmel, NY
- Hillside Summer Camp in Brewster, NY
- Must be at least 18 years of age by June 2024
- Must have a desire to work with children outdoors. Prior experience working with children, teens, or adults in similar setting preferred but not required.
- Environmental background, ability to accept guidance and supervision, and a willingness to work with and learn from people from different cultures and backgrounds are all essential skills for this position.
- Must be able to attend training starting in mid-June.
Click on the position that best suits your age and schooling:
- General Counselor I
Age 18 and up, graduated high school
- General Counselor II
Age 18 and up, completed at least one year of college or technical school