Summer Jobs with Purpose
Looking for a summer job?
Do you love the outdoors and working with kids?
Enjoy a summer job as a Camp Counselor!
Green Chimneys Summer Camps blend great camp traditions with dynamic outdoor experiences to create exciting and educational summers full of memories to last a lifetime. As a member of the team, you’ll help to provide a fun, supportive atmosphere where campers can bond with others, discover great new talents, experience new concepts and develop an appreciation for the environment.
Being a Camp Counselor is more than a summer job, it’s about being a good role model for campers.
Your role will be to:
- develop relationships with each camper within your group
- promote positive group interaction
- follow established procedures for maintaining campers health and safety
- work together with other staff to plan and schedule weekly activities
- and other related duties as directed by the Head Counselor or Camp Supervisor.
- Earn money, starting at $350 per week
- Room & board optional for those 21+ years of age
- Day camp schedule with weekends off
- Enhance teaching experience with opportunities to lead skill-building activities
- Collaborate with experts in the experiential education and camp industries
- Enjoy a work environment that supports inclusivity and provides comprehensive training
Did you know a majority of our staff are college students?
Most of our camp staff are college students, ages 18-25, studying education, psychology, recreational therapy, physical education, and more.
We’re currently hiring staff for summer 2023 from Putnam, Fairfield, Westchester, and Dutchess counties to work at our two locations:
- Clearpool Summer Camp in Carmel, NY
- Hillside Summer Camp in Brewster, NY
*Must be at least 18 years of age by June 2023 and have a desire to work with children outdoors. Prior experience working with children, teens or adults in similar setting preferred but not required. Environmental background, ability to accept guidance and supervision, and a willingness to work with and learn from people from different cultures and backgrounds are all essential skills for this position. Training begins June 19.
Click on the position that best suits your age and schooling:
- General Counselor I
Age 18 and up, graduated high school
- General Counselor II
Age 18 and up, completed at least one year of college or technical school