Summer Jobs with Purpose
Looking for a summer job with cool perks?
Do you love the outdoors and working with kids?
Spend your summer as a Camp Counselor!
Green Chimneys Summer Camps blend great camp traditions with dynamic outdoor experiences to create exciting and educational summers full of memories to last a lifetime. As a member of the team, you’ll help to provide a fun, supportive atmosphere where campers can bond with others, discover great new talents, experience new concepts and develop an appreciation for the environment.
Being a Camp Counselor is more than a summer job, it’s about being a good role model for campers.
Your role will be to:
- develop relationships with each camper within your group
- promote positive group interaction
- follow established procedures for maintaining campers health and safety
- work together with other staff to plan and
schedule weekly activities
- and other related duties as directed by the Head Counselor or Camp Supervisor.
- Earn money
- Experience a summer to remember
- Gain leadership skills
- Use your talents, be creative and have a blast doing it
- Build your resume
- Grow as an inividual
- Make your summer worthwhile
- Form friendships that last forever
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Become a role model for kids and young adults in a way you never imagined
Must be at least 18 years of age and must have graduated from High School. Energy and enthusiasm for long days, a desire to work with children outdoors, prior experience working with children, teens or adults in similar setting, outdoor living skills and/or environmental background, ability to accept guidance and supervision, and a willingness to work with and learn from people from different cultures and backgrounds are all essential skills for this position.
We’re currently hiring staff from Putnam, Fairfield, Westchester, and Dutchess counties to work at our two locations:
- Clearpool Summer Camp in Carmel, NY
- Hillside Summer Camp in Brewster, NY
Click on the position that best suits your age and schooling:
- General Counselor I
Age 18 and up, graduated high school
- General Counselor II
Age 18 and up, completed at least one year of college or technical school
Want more inFO BeFORE APPLYING?
Share your contact details, and we’ll send you more info!