Preschool / Pre-K
The Nature’s Nursery Preschool curriculum models the New York State Pre-Kindergarten Standards that provide the framework for the learning and development of the whole child. This framework is aligned with the existing K-12 learning standards.
Is your child entering Kindergarten in Fall 2024?
We have openings for Pre-K students!
Give your child a great head start in a fun and supportive program with a focus on nature and animals. Contact us at 845.279.2995, ext 301
Our teaching staff accomplishes the delivery of our preschool curriculum goals through the play and active engagement of the students within a rich and well-designed environment. Evaluations and functioning assessments are ongoing and enable the teaching staff to set classroom and individual goals, develop lesson plans and track progress.
Our preschool starts at age 3 with a curriculum focused on critical areas for early learners, and advances to ensure Kindergarten readiness for each student:
- Approach to Learning: Active involvement in learning and acquiring knowledge
- Physical Development and Health: Physical health and the ability to engage in daily activities
- Social and Emotional Development: Emotional competence and the ability to form positive relationships in the home, at school and in the larger community
- Communication, Language and Literacy: Build understanding and the ability to create and communicate meaning
- Cognition and Knowledge of the World: Ability to learn and understand about their world and apply what they know in math, science, social studies, the arts and technology
Age-appropriate activities that bring learning and skill-building to life:
- Songs and Rhymes
- Story Time
- Show and Tell
- Reading and Math Readiness
- Farm and Wildlife Experiences
- Arts & Crafts
- Physical Education
- Nature Exploration
- Indoor/Outdoor Play Time
- Group Games
- Community Service Projects
- Field Trips