The Nature’s Nursery Bridge program models the New York State Kindergarten Standards that provide the framework for the learning and development of the whole child.
a program that meets your child’s needs
Kindergarten is the gateway into school for children and their families, whether they are coming directly from a home environment or a formal preschool program. For children who do not meet the Kindergarten age requirement or who may need additional preparation, we offer a Bridge Program that builds on the foundational knowledge gained at the preschool level, and ensures academic and social-emotional readiness.
Our program is enhanced by Green Chimneys’ renowned nature-based programming and increased outdoor activities that offer unique experiential learning opportunities. Small class size enables individualized instruction and support for each student. Our goal is to create a caring community of learners, ensure a sense of belonging, support children’s development and learning, and provide meaningful and integrated learning experiences.
Our teaching staff accomplishes the delivery of our curriculum through academic instruction utilizing play and active engagement of the students within our rich and well-designed learning environment. Evaluations and functioning assessments are ongoing and enable teaching staff to set classroom and individual goals, develop lesson plans, and track progress.
Bridge curricula focus on these critical areas for early School-Age learners:
- Approach to Learning: Active involvement in learning and acquiring knowledge
- Physical Development and Health: Physical health and the ability to engage in daily activities
- Social and Emotional Development: Emotional intelligence and the ability to form positive relationships in the home, at school, and in the larger community
- Communication, Language and Literacy: Build comprehension and phonetic awareness and understanding coupled with the ability to create and communicate meaning
- Cognition and Knowledge of the World: Ability to learn and understand about their world and apply what they know in math, science, social studies, the arts and technology
Age-appropriate activities that bring learning and skill-building to life:
- Songs and Rhymes
- Story Time
- Show and Tell
- Reading and Math Readiness
- Farm and Wildlife Experiences
- Arts & Crafts
- Physical Education
- Nature Exploration
- Indoor/Outdoor Play Time
- Group Games
- Community Service Projects
- Field Trips