Green Chimneys is pleased to offer a swim instruction program that abides by the health and safety protocols for COVID-19.
We are carefully following all necessary guidelines to ensure the safety of our swimmers, families, instructors, and lifeguards, as well as the students and staff on the Green Chimneys campus. These guidelines include but may not be limited to the following:
- Everyone entering the pool will have their temperature taken. If it is above 99.9 they will not be allowed to enter.
- Everyone entering the pool will be asked screening questions about COVID-related symptoms and if they have traveled recently.
- To limit the number of people on the pool deck, only one parent and no siblings may attend the lesson.
- All swimmers, regardless of age, are required to wear a mask until they enter the water.
- All adults attending the lesson are required to wear a mask at all times on the Green Chimneys campus.
- Instructors will wear a mask except for when they can be more than 6 feet away from the swimmer(s).
- To support swimmers, some close proximity may be necessary by the instructors but there will be a conscious effort to keep this to a minimum.
DO NOT attend a lesson if in the past 14 days (prior to each lesson):
- You or anyone in your home has COVID symptoms
- You have had contact with a person known to be COVID-positive
- You have traveled out of the country or to a state on the New York State travel advisory
Please note that Green Chimneys’ campus remains closed to visitors; swim families are permitted only in the gym/pool building or gym/pool parking lot. Thank you for your cooperation.