Birds of Prey Day
Sunday, June 2, 2019
10:00am - 4:30pm
400 Doansburg Road, Brewster, NY 10509
A Day of Fun, Flight and Falconry!
Mark your calendar!
Celebrating 27 years of Green Chimneys’ famous annual tradition dedicated to children, the environment and magnificent birds of prey.
- Over 100 raptors
- Free-flying demos
- Top wildlife experts
- Live animal presentations
Green Chimneys’ renowned Farm & Wildlife Center is home to nearly 200 animals, including 50 birds of prey. An Andean condor; Griffon vulture; numerous hawks, falcons, owls and several crows are under the care of expert wildlife staff. Spring always brings large numbers of fledgling birds that need care, and the goal is to return them to the wild as soon as possible.
The students of the Green Chimneys School have some special needs of their own and through the rehabilitation and care of these animals, they learn compassion, encouragement, and the true meaning of stewardship.
Enjoy highlights from 2018!
Click on images below to see what Birds of Prey Day is all about.
Enjoy live demonstrations from leading wildlife and environmental experts, including:
- Jim Eyring, Pace University Environmental Center
- Bill Robinson, Wildlife Lectures
- Jonathan Wood, The Raptor Project
- Brian Bradley, Skyhunters in Flight
- Bruce Lowder, Animal Encounters
- The New York State Falconry Association
- Lauren McGough, Falconer & Anthropologist
- Nature Nick’s Animal Adventures
- Erik Callender Reptile Edventures
- Two By Two Zoo
- Celebrity Guests
Birds of Prey Day Tickets will be sold online and at the door.
- Adults $15 (age 12 and up)
- Children $5 (free for children under 3)
- Seniors $5
- Family Pass $35 (2 adults with children)
Online registration coming soon.
For the safety of our animals and yours, please leave your pets at home.
Free admission for:
- Scouts in uniform
- Military with I.D.
Receive 20% off ticket prices and FREE shuttle bus service to and from the Southeast train station.
- Shuttle pick up available for trains arriving at Southeast 10:52 am and 11:51 am.
- Shuttle drop off available for 4:46 pm and 5:46 pm trains going southbound.
Calling all artists, businesses, nonprofit organizations, and food trucks!
Exhibit your expertise at Birds of Prey Day
This event is a great opportunity to:
- Increase awareness about your product or service
- Gain new customer leads and strengthen existing relationships
- Support Green Chimneys
Vendor packages start at just $50.
Come for the birds and farm exploration, stay for the food!
This event features local, specialty food trucks. Watch for announcements on which tasty trucks will be a part of Birds of Prey Day by checking back here or connecting with us on Facebook.
Parking is FREE
Green Chimneys’ complimentary shuttle bus service by Chappaqua Transportation provides convenient transport between the event and these designated—and free—parking locations in Brewster including:
- Putnam Business Park · 1689 Route 22, Brewster, NY 10509
- Stanley · 2 Powers Lane, Brewster, NY 10509
- Temple Beth Elohim · 31 Mount Ebo Road North, Brewster, NY 10509
(From Rt 22: Turn right onto Doansburg Rd (CR-65); turn left onto Mt. Ebo Rd North; the temple is on the left.)
- Dept. of Transportation lot on Gage Road, next to the Green Chimneys campus