Teacher’s Planning Guide
Green Chimneys Clearpool Outdoor Education programs are designed to support the work you do as a teacher. Whether you are planning a science-based school trip or a team wilderness adventure experience, talk to us about your specific curriculum goals so we can coordinate an outdoor education program and prepare our instructors to meet your expectations.
Map Your Class’ Adventure at Clearpool
As a first step, we recommend that you take some time to clarify your environmental education needs and goals by gathering input from the teachers who will be attending Clearpool with their students. The more information you provide to us, the more meaningful an experience we can create!
Some questions TO USe as a guide:
What program track would you like your trip to focus on?
- Nature study and science activities
- Team-based wilderness adventure learning
- Combination of the two
What current curriculum/topics would you like to support?
What are your activity goals?
- Review/reinforce concepts already covered in the classroom
- Support and enhance current studies
- Introduce a topic to be covered after the trip
What foundational information would you like your students to study?
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Individual and peer leadership development
We look forward to assisting you in your planning.