Maple Sugaring & Pancake Breakfast
Saturday, March 21, 2020
9:00am - 1:00pm
33 Clearpool Road , Carmel, NY 10512
Due to current health concerns, this event is postponed.
Those already registered will be contacted directly by Green Chimneys.
Questions? Contact AJ via AJohnson@greenchimneys.org or 845.225.8226 x603.
Our Maple Sugaring & Pancake Breakfast is an annual tradition, and you are invited to celebrate the end of winter’s chill by enjoying this sweet gift from the earth!
Enjoy the wintry beauty of the Green Chimneys Clearpool Campus, chock-full of native sugar maples and seasoned experts to show you exactly how it’s done.
After your pancake breakfast in our sunny Dining Hall, take a short walk to the Sugar House to see first-hand the maple sugaring process of boiling down sap to make pure maple syrup. There will also be multiple hands-on demonstrations, guided hikes, carnival games, free crafts and more. Join us for a day of sweet memories and family fun for all ages.
Breakfast with a sweet twist.
Enjoy a filling pancake breakfast* for $8 per person, $5 per child under age 10.
- Regular, chocolate chip, and banana pancakes**
- Scrambled eggs
- Turkey sausage
- Coffee, tea, and orange juice
*The last seating for breakfast is 12:30pm.
**Gluten-free pancakes as well as sugar-free syrup available upon request.
Stacked with activities, too.
Come for the pancake breakfast and enjoy a range of free family-friendly activities:
- Maple Sugaring Demonstrations in Our Sugar Shack
- Arts & Crafts
- Snow Shoe/Nature Hikes
- Live Animal Demonstrations
- Camp Tours
- Zip Line across Clearpool Lake ($10 extra per person; age and weight restrictions apply)
Meet local environmental organizations with presentations and activities led by:
- Watershed Agricultural Council
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Putnam County
- Lower Hudson PRISM
- Putnam Soil and Water Conservation District
- Kent Historical Society
- NY Forest Owners Association
- Boni-Bel Country Store
- Friends of the Great Swamp
This event is postponed.