Volunteer with Horses
Are you looking to volunteer with horses? Want to make a difference in the lives of children and animals?
Join the Green Chimneys community as a volunteer in the Horse Barn!
At Green Chimneys, students with special needs learn to ride, care for and connect with equines as part of a comprehensive nature-based education experience and treatment plan. And as a PATH International Premier Accredited Center, we are committed to providing quality equine-assisted educational programs. Volunteers work alongside staff, directly support the care of equines, and interact with students.
Volunteers are valued members of the Green Chimneys community. And those spending dedicated time in the Horse Barn:
- Assist with Riding Classes by grooming and tacking our horses and by leading horses during lessons. You will also provide emotional support to our riders who are growing in confidence while also developing their riding skills.
- Maintain Paddocks and Stalls – In order for our programs to operate it is important to make sure our horses are happy and healthy. By cleaning paddocks and stalls, your efforts will also support the health and safety of the herd.
- Contribute to Animal Care – Our barn is home to a variety of equines including drafts, minis, donkeys, and also camels. You may assist with feeding and/or turning out our animals at the end of the day.
Prior experience with horses is not necessary to apply; all training will be provided.
As a special education school and residential treatment center, all Green Chimneys volunteers are required to:
- complete the application process that includes a background check and fingerprinting.
- participate in training including a two-hour orientation and spend time getting acquainted with our staff, horses, and procedures.
Be a part of the next orientation on Sunday, May 7 from 1-3pm!
We are recruiting volunteers to join our Horse Barn team on weekdays, including mornings, late afternoons, and evenings. Typically scheduled between the hours of 8:30am-2pm or 2:30-8pm. Shifts are a minimum of four hours.
Volunteering has great rewards: make a difference while having fun!
Volunteering with horses is one of several ways you can contribute your time and heart to Green Chimneys. See all of our volunteer opportunities
Have a question?
Contact Josh Lipshitz at [email protected]
or call 845.279.2995 x286