Day Program Process
Green Chimneys Admissions is the point of entry for children and families, and all school-based referrals to the therapeutic day school program.
Admissions Specialists, together with families, collaborate with each child’s home school district through the Committee of Special Education (CSE) to ensure that educational and related services goals of the Individual Education Plan (IEP) are met. Once the Admissions Specialists review the referral, an interview and tour is scheduled.
- Referral is received from the school district and reviewed.
- If program seems appropriate, child is interviewed with parent or guardian and receives a tour of the campus, dorms and farm & wildlife center.
- Once a child is accepted Admissions partners with parents and referring agencies to collect all necessary documentation needed to facilitate an admission.
- When all of the proper paperwork is collected, a date of admission is scheduled for the child.
To make a referral to our therapeutic day school
Please send the following to the Admissions Department:
- Cover letter on official school district letterhead requesting the level of care desired
- Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Psychological and Educational Evaluations within 3 years
- Diagnostic Evaluation within 1 year
Evaluation can be provided by student’s treating psychiatrist, psychiatric nurse practitioner, neurologist and/or developmental pediatrician and must include diagnosis, treatment modalities utilized, including any medication management, and current level of functioning.
- Social History within 1 year
- Any applicable related services evaluations and progress notes
For more information, please contact Admissions at 845.279.2995 x115
or submit an inquiry form.
Note to Applicants
If you are submitting medical or other confidential documents, please do not send to Green Chimneys’ general email address. Please contact Admissions regarding secure transmission of application materials.