Day Program Process
Green Chimneys Admissions is the point of entry for children and families, and all school-based referrals to the therapeutic day school program.
Admissions Specialists, together with families, collaborate with each child’s home school district through the Committee of Special Education (CSE) to ensure that educational and related services goals of the Individual Education Plan (IEP) are met. Once the Admissions Specialists review the referral, an interview and tour is scheduled.
To make a referral to our therapeutic day school
Please send the following to the Admissions Department:
- Cover letter on official school district letterhead requesting the level of care desired
- Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Psychological and Educational Evaluations (within 3 years)
- Psychiatric Evaluation (within 6 months)
- Social History (within 1 year)
For more information, please contact Admissions at 845.279.2995 x115
or submit an inquiry form.
Note to Applicants
If you are submitting medical or other confidential documents, please do not send to Green Chimneys’ general email address. Please contact Admissions regarding secure transmission of application materials.